My World - Who am I?

This is Home


Hello! My name is Bea and I am from San Francisco, CA but have recently moved north, across the Golden Gate bridge to the suburbs of San Rafael.  From the bustling city streets to the golden rolling hills over the past 7 months in quarantine, I have begun to rethink my time at home and what it means to me. I am blessed enough to have a roof over my head and lots of outdoor space to freely wander without crossing paths with other people. No longer am I confined by the walls of my pink bedroom and the 12ft by 9ft deck for fresh air. I am now in a place that has more space, options, and freedom.  Being outside and creating art has kept me sane during "these trying times." But the idea of home has changed for me the longer I am in it. The past few days we have been experiencing some of the worst air quality in the history of California. With wildfires being as close as 30 minutes away we have been advised to stay inside as much as possible not just because of Covid but because the air is barely breathable. So far, 2020 seems to be a page ripped out of an apocalyptic novel. I think with all the chaos happening in the world it is important for everyone to find their home - whether that be a physical or emotional space. A space to feel warmth and safety.


Taken by Leor Pantilat
Taken by Harold Postic
Click the image for wildfire reports!


Art to me is a commentary about our emotions, our surroundings, our relationships, and many more. During this class, I hope to convey feelings of comfort and transparency. A few traits that we may need to help cope with today's circumstances. Over time I have learned to make home a place of sanctuary and safety. Though "home" means different things for different people, I hope to create that sense with my viewers. 

Sharing art through a screen is a new platform for me but I am eager to see what's in store for this term!




Comments

  1. I agree with you that art is something really about expressing our emotions. Sometimes there are things that I can't find any ways to express them but art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! I agree with you regarding the COVID pandemic and especially the raging wildfires destroying the west coast. I couldn't imagine seeing my city burn down. Although we are living in difficult times, I challenge you to find some type of light or positivity and take advantage of any opportunities that present themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your positive take on the pandemic and finding a sanctuary. I look forward to being a reader of your blog and creating that sense of home on Beatrice1999.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing how the pandemic has been treating you! im eager to see what else you post on here! hope youre staying safe with the wildfires out on the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your comment about home being more than just a physical place. i Think we often over look the fact that these words can refer to concepts as well as their practical meaning, such as home being a place of emotional shelter and an actual house. I think art helps think about the concepts more than the literal meaning behind the words we use which is another reason art is so impactful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts