Diagram

 “Diagrams allow us to see relationships that would not come forward in a straight list of

numbers or a verbal description” (Lupton 215).

_______

_______

To me, when I hear the word "diagram" I think of charts in textbooks, blueprints, or any image that breaks down the basic structure of an object. This week I decided to create my own diagram while incorporating some of the skills we read about in past weeks. Some of these principles include texture, grid/pattern, color, layers, and point/line/plane. In my image, I hoped to “network... a set of connections among nodes or points. There are various ways to connect the nodes in a network, resulting in different kinds of organization” (Lupton 628). That part of the reading stood out to me the most because diagrams in a way breakdown and incorporate many different aspects of art we have covered this term. By physically pulling apart from each layer, it forces an organized view of the different ideas. I really enjoyed assigning each principle a layer and even combining the two past topics. It really opened my eyes to diagrams "are everywhere—not just in technology, but throughout nature and society" (Lupton 628). What it comes down to is that diagrams and networks can be boiled down to organized points and lines.


Excerpt From: Ellen Lupton. “Graphic Design.” Apple Books. 




Scan my QR code to follow me on Instagram!


_______



Comments

  1. I totally agree, it was a bit weird to wrap my head around the idea that those stuffy diagrams we have to make in science and math classes can be retrofitted into art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You art work is so unique! I love how you added the transparency and perspective to each of the 3-D blocks. I love how you included multiple different previous themes all into this diagram. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so detailed and professional looking, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love that you were able to add in so many different elements to this piece!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts